With brain-power enhanced, modesty covered–and resplendent in a series of ever-more bizarre costumes–the evil Specter’s anarchic apes are off on the rampage once more in Ape Escape for Playstation 4. Dash around the world sorting out the primate problem with the help of a range of monkey-catching gadgets including water pistols, clubs, hoops and nets, and a superb new banana boomerang. You’ll visit a range of exotic locations, like a Shaolin temple, a beach resort and even a moon base, and in every one you’ll find unhelpfully perky primates with more tricks up their sleeves than ever. To deal with them, you’ll need to drive tanks and snowmobiles, pilot submarines and boats and even use your own robot for full-on robot fighting.
A Gotcha Box opens up sub-games and gives you hints, tips and items that will help you in the main game and give you access to mini-games including Monkey Football, Dancing Bong, and Monkey Tightrope, as well as a variety of other game features. There are 20 huge and beautifully designed levels, as well as eight boss levels, just in the first cycle of play: once you finish the first cycle, you play through the entire game again with new areas to explore and new weapons to help you. A Time Attack mode lets you pit your skills on any single level, and once you’ve finished the second cycle you can even play all over again as Spike, the hero from the first Ape Escape game. What’s more, there’s a two-player game that lets you demonstrate your superior monkey-catching skills over and over again.
An enormous, immersive and beautifully designed game that’s gloriously unhinged, Ape Escape has great graphics, and massive helpings of fast-paced, original, and frankly sometimes just plain bizarre, gameplay. Every bit as crazy as the original game, it’s the most fun you can have with a monkey with its pants on.
- Knick KNACK Paddy Whack: (cupalagamers.wordpress.com)
- Mega Ran and JP chip artists to remix Mega Man once more (destructoid.com)
- Game On: New Super Mario Bros. U (World 7) (atthebuzzershow.com)
- Super Mario Bros. 3 (gamepadglory.wordpress.com)
- New Super Mario Bros U Patch Coming With Pro Controller Support Added (mynintendonews.com)
- Super Mario Bros.: The Movie – 20 most ludicrous moments, 20 years later (gamesradar.com)
- Who Ya Gonna Call?? (costumesupercenter.com)
In a new feature to GamepadGlory we take classic quotes and add our own spin on them. First up is Mario Wars, But just who is Mario’s real father?
- Super Mario Sunshine (gamepadglory.wordpress.com)
- Capture Your Inner Gamer with a Nintendo Mario Costume (anytimecostumes.com)
- 12 New Versions Of Classic Retro Games, Free To Play (makeuseof.com)
- Super Mario Bros. Movie Gets Comic Sequel (mynintendonews.com)
- Costume of the Week: Super Mario Brothers (costumesupercenter.com)