Trouble taps on your window again with this next chapter in the Grand Theft Auto universe, set in the city of Los Santos and its surrounding hills, countryside and beaches. A bold new direction in open-world freedom, storytelling, mission-based gameplay and online multiplayer, Grand Theft Auto V focuses on the pursuit of the almighty dollar in a re-imagined, present-day Southern California. Take a good look at 2013s most anticipated game here ->>
- Grand Theft Auto V: Official Trailer 2 (gamepadglory.wordpress.com)
- All Grand Theft Auto titles discounted on PSN (destructoid.com)
- New Grand Theft Auto V Artwork Released (godisageek.com)
- Grand Theft Auto V gets a new trailer and screenshots (reviews.cnet.com)
- Listen to Grand Theft Auto radio stations on your smartphone (reviews.cnet.com)
One, two Disney‘s coming for you! Three, four better lock the door
Due for release this August, it will be the game that every kid wants and every parent fears. Disney Infinity is set in a fantastical world where players have unprecedented freedom and endless opportunity to create stories and play experiences starring the beloved characters from Walt Disney and Pixar Animation Studios’ most popular franchises.
There are two main modes in this game, Play Set and Toy Box. Each character play set is essentially a self-contained world with its own gameplay, based on a specific movie or series with recognizable characters and storylines. Characters from one world cannot enter into another world, but players can put any character together in Toy Box mode.
In the mould of Skylanders you will soon be forking out for the game, portal and characters… Enjoy! The starter pack comes with three figures – Mr Incredible, Jack Sparrow and Sulley. At launch there will be over 20 characters and toys available which Disney will continue to add too throughout 2013. You’ll also get one Power Disc in the starter pack which can be put under your characters to give them extra abilities.
So parents of the world just when you thought the collection was almost complete it’s time to start all over again Disney style. If things go their way, oh and they will, every child will be collecting these new figures. The Skylanders, which have already raked in over £500m of our money, will be soo not cool, pushed to one side, gather dust and eventually be sold at car boots across the country for 50p. Its all part of the circle of life, If you don’t believe me just watch Toy Story 2 that will explain it. You see we were all like this once, I remember making my mum queue outside of Toys R Us for 5 hours to get my Teenage Mutant Hero Turtle action figure.
And don’t worry it’s getting released on every format you can think of so there is nowhere to hide.
- To Inf~IN~ity and Beyond! Disney’s New Game (candoitmom.com)
- Disney Infinity takes shape as a huge investment in transmedia (hands-on preview) (venturebeat.com)
- Disney Infinity Monsters University Gameplay! (gamerbite.wordpress.com)
- Disney Infinity pushed back to Aug. 18 NA, Aug. 20 overseas, Aug. 23 UK (joystiq.com)
Road Redemption has become the latest project to get a kickstarter. Darkseas games aim is to bring back the classic Road Rash-style gameplay, with next-gen graphics and online play.
The project has been in early development since last year and is aiming to be the spiritual successor to the original. Set for release in July if funding is successful, initially the game will release on PC and eventually porting to consoles. Road Rash creator Dan Geisler has also expressed his desire to launch a kickstarter for a true successor as long as there is enough interest.
- Road Redemption, the successor of Road Rash (thedroidguy.com)
- DarkSeas Games Developing Spiritual Successor To Road Rash (games.slashdot.org)
- Road Redemption, a Road Rash spiritual successor on Kickstarter (joystiq.com)
- Road Rash-style combat racer Road Redemption hits Kickstarter (polygon.com)
- The Return of Road Rash: Creator Is “ready to do another one” With Kickstarter (jacehallshow.com)
Here’s Your Key: <Click Here for Code>
How to Redeem Your Marvel Heroes™ Beta Key
1. Register an account on MarvelHeroes.com
2. After registration, click “REDEEM KEY” in the Account Management page
3. Enter the key *exactly as shown* (including hyphens) and no space before or after
4. Once you see the message “key redeemed successfully” click HERE to download the game client. Remember: While you will be able to install the game, you won’t be able to access the game until 13/04/13.
5. If you encounter any problems, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marvel Heroes Closed Beta Weekend Giveaway (dailyrecord.co.uk)
- Marvel Heroes Beta Weekend Key Giveaway (godisageek.com)
- Marvel Heroes Beta Key Giveaway (incgamers.com)
- Monday Morning Comic Rack: First Impressions of the Marvel Heroes MMO (comicbookherald.com)
- [WTS] Marvel Heroes Closed Beta Account (ownedcore.com)
The game will use the Unreal engine and be fully rendered in 3D although you’ll still be playing on a 2D plane. Check out the trailer here.
- Retro City Rampage sold ‘much more’ on PSN than Steam, XBLA (joystiq.com)
- Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow Over Mystara and Tower of Doom slated for PSN, XBLA (vg247.com)
- DuckTales Remastered Coming to PSN, XBLA, Wii U – IGN (ss-burnout.com)
- ‘Terraria’ release date announced for XBLA and PSN (digitalspy.co.uk)
- Darkstalkers Resurrection Headed For PSN And XBLA In March (cynsworkshop.wordpress.com)
SEGA announce Sonic / Megaman: Worlds Collide
Two of the most celebrated icons in video game history will come face to face for the first time ever in this summer’s most anticipated comic book crossover – Sonic the Hedgehog/Mega Man: Worlds Collide! Prepare for the ultimate battle of good versus evil when these true blue heroes team up against the nefarious doctors Eggman and Wily, showcasing fan favorite characters from each of their respective video game universes. This epic 12-part crossover kicks off April 10 and will span three comic book series – Sonic the Hedgehog, Mega Man and Sonic Universe. Don’t miss it!
- Exclusive Preview: Worlds Collide In ‘Sonic Universe’ #51 (geek-news.mtv.com)
- Sonic and Mega Man team up in 12-part crossover comic (polygon.com)
- Take a Look at How Sonic and Mega Man Level Up in Their Archie Comics Crossover (kotaku.com)
- Download a sneak peak at the Sonic / Mega Man crossover (destructoid.com)
- EXCL PREVIEW: Sonic Guest-Stars In “Mega Man” #24 (comicbookresources.com)
Splinter Cell: Blacklist will be heading to the Wii U this year Nintendo have confirmed. Blacklist will integrate Gamepad functionality to allow players to control gadgets, take out enemies, move through the environment and switch between weapons, as well as other features. Motion-based input will also have a role to play alongside the peripheral’s standard touch screen functionality.
The game will launch this August and will also be available on the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.
- Ubisoft And Nintendo Confirm Splinter Cell Blacklist For Wii U (mynintendonews.com)
- Splinter Cell: Blacklist confirmed for Wii U, launching in North America and Europe in August (polygon.com)
- What the Wii U needs next (reviews.cnet.com)
- Wii U to ship incomplete, missing Nintendo TVii service and more (reviews.cnet.com)
- Splinter Cell Blacklist confirmed for Wii U (gamesradar.com)
A kickstarter has just been launched by Street Fighter: Legacy creators. Street Fighter: Assassin’s Fist will be a web based mini series.
Street Fighter: Legacy has become something of an online phenomenon since it was posted back in May 2010. With over 8m hits Capcom have granted its makers the rights for a series.
The kickstarter is now live and needs our support –>
- Capcom Sanctioned ‘Street Fighter’ Series Takes To Kickstarter (multiplayerblog.mtv.com)
- Capcom-sanctioned live-action Street Fighter series gets Kickstarter (polygon.com)
- Street Fighter TV series takes to Kickstarter (mcvuk.com)
- Street Fighter: Assassin’s Fist looks to Kickstarter for funding (joystiq.com)
- Fans Seek Funding For Live-Action Street Fighter Series (escapistmagazine.com)