Centered on a truck stop on a Georgia highway, The Walking Dead – 500 Days of Summer is a DLC episode for Season One of Telltale’s award-winning game series. 5 00 Days of Summer tells five linked stories; each taking place at different points in time and from the point of view of a different survivor, from day one of the undead apocalypse to day 500.
The five stories can be played in any order and will change based on the choices that you make. Echoes of the choices you made in Season 1 will carry over into 500 Days of Summer and the choices you make in 500 Days of Summer will resonate into Season 2.
- The Walking Dead: 400 Days DLC available now (geeksyndicate.co.uk)
- Wot I Think: The Walking Dead: 400 Days (rockpapershotgun.com)
- The Walking Dead 400 Days due in July for $5, choices carry over (joystiq.com)
- Adam Talks- The Walking Dead: 400 Days (nosensegamers.co.uk)
Episode 3 in the lets play Game Dev Tycoon Series!
We come back with high hopes for our new racing game and we are all keeping our fingers crossed it’ll be that big money spinner
- Greenlit: Game Dev Tycoon, RIOT, More (rockpapershotgun.com)
- iRacing.com ‘As Real As It Gets’ Campaign Offers Viewers ‘Watch and Win’ Opportunity (prweb.com)
- Wow Addon Tycoon | Tycoon World Of Warcraft Gold Addon (ckrb58i7.wordpress.com)
- Raising Awareness of Indie Game Piracy (gamingindiestyle.wordpress.com)
Its Gamer Time!
After the slightly bad start LionStar games looks to pastures new for bigger and better things in Episode 2
This series is on Game Dev Tycoon from the guys over at http://www.greenheartgames.com/
- Update coming for Game Dev Tycoon – Steam release delayed (incgamers.com)
- Greenlit: Game Dev Tycoon, RIOT, More (rockpapershotgun.com)
- Riot, Game Dev Tycoon and four other titles added to Steam Greenlight (polygon.com)
- From Rags to Riches – Game Dev Tycoon (willza99.wordpress.com)
- Game Dev Tycoon developers to work full-time on title, update coming soon (polygon.com)
With brain-power enhanced, modesty covered–and resplendent in a series of ever-more bizarre costumes–the evil Specter’s anarchic apes are off on the rampage once more in Ape Escape for Playstation 4. Dash around the world sorting out the primate problem with the help of a range of monkey-catching gadgets including water pistols, clubs, hoops and nets, and a superb new banana boomerang. You’ll visit a range of exotic locations, like a Shaolin temple, a beach resort and even a moon base, and in every one you’ll find unhelpfully perky primates with more tricks up their sleeves than ever. To deal with them, you’ll need to drive tanks and snowmobiles, pilot submarines and boats and even use your own robot for full-on robot fighting.
A Gotcha Box opens up sub-games and gives you hints, tips and items that will help you in the main game and give you access to mini-games including Monkey Football, Dancing Bong, and Monkey Tightrope, as well as a variety of other game features. There are 20 huge and beautifully designed levels, as well as eight boss levels, just in the first cycle of play: once you finish the first cycle, you play through the entire game again with new areas to explore and new weapons to help you. A Time Attack mode lets you pit your skills on any single level, and once you’ve finished the second cycle you can even play all over again as Spike, the hero from the first Ape Escape game. What’s more, there’s a two-player game that lets you demonstrate your superior monkey-catching skills over and over again.
An enormous, immersive and beautifully designed game that’s gloriously unhinged, Ape Escape has great graphics, and massive helpings of fast-paced, original, and frankly sometimes just plain bizarre, gameplay. Every bit as crazy as the original game, it’s the most fun you can have with a monkey with its pants on.
- Knick KNACK Paddy Whack: (cupalagamers.wordpress.com)
- Mega Ran and JP chip artists to remix Mega Man once more (destructoid.com)
The gameplay is a turn-based tactics game where players take turns controlling individual members of their squad of hogs to engage in combat with the opposition, similar to Worms. Each turn, a player takes control of a single squad member in a third-person perspective to move around the map including jumping over terrain and swimming over bodies of water yet can only engage in combat when stationary. Each turn has a set time limit that ends if the timer counts down to zero, the player skips their turn, a weapon or ability is used or if they have accidentally injured themselves such as walking into a mine field or falling from a high surface. Other hazards include bodies of water that while can be swam in, is damaging to nearly all types of soldiers that drains health as they swim. If a teammate is knocked into water by an opponent, they will automatically swim to the nearby shore line. While difficult, it is also possible to knock hogs off the map resulting in instant death. If all health is gone and the player is on land, they will fall over with a last comical remark before exploding.
The tune for the game is John Philip Sousa‘s Liberty Bell March. The design of the game is discussed in the book The Game Maker’s Apprentice, which is co-authored by the lead programmer of the game and has a foreword by one of the game’s designers. Voice over work was provided by comedian Rik Mayall shown in the following clip.
- Retro Review: Silent Hill (nemesisarts.wordpress.com)
Any mind, any time. For years, the Psychonauts have deployed their psychically-armed operatives all over the world, but this time trouble is brewing right in their own backyard. Someone is abducting students from the Psychonaut boot camp-a deranged scientist who only wants their brains. One cadet-a mysterious and powerful new arrival, named PSY, stands alone against the lunatic.
PSY must develop and unleash an arsenal of paranormal powers, including telekinesis, firestarting, clairvoyance, and his most powerful weapon of all-the ability to launch himself telepathically into someone else’s mind, and run around in the demented amusement park of their imagination. PSY takes on their inner demons face to face, wrestles with their nightmares, and digs up their secret memories. Ultimately he must enter the mind of his worst enemy and destroy his dark plans at their source, while trying not to lose his sanity in the process.
- Double Fine bundles Psychonauts, Brutal Legend, and more (destructoid.com)
- Games sale up to 66% off: The Walking Dead: $20, Battlefield 3 Premium: $10, Psychonauts: $3, GTA San Andreas w/ $5 GC: $7.50, more (9to5toys.com)
- Get All the Double Fine Games for a Ridiculous Price, Including Brutal Legend and Broken Age (news.softpedia.com)
- Game On: New Super Mario Bros. U (World 7) (atthebuzzershow.com)
- Super Mario Bros. 3 (gamepadglory.wordpress.com)
- New Super Mario Bros U Patch Coming With Pro Controller Support Added (mynintendonews.com)
- Super Mario Bros.: The Movie – 20 most ludicrous moments, 20 years later (gamesradar.com)
- Who Ya Gonna Call?? (costumesupercenter.com)