Rain man, named platformer of the year and winner of multiple artistic and musical achievements, is coming to the Wii U with a brand new adventure. Michel Ancel, celebrated creator of Rain man, Beyond Good & Evil and the Raving Rabbids is bringing his innovative creativity to this new and exciting platform. Rain man Legends makes full use of the power of the Wii U. With the new Wii U controller, discover new ways to platform with its touch-based gameplay, gyroscope technology, and even the ability to extend your playing experience when the TV is off. Additionally, the power of the machine has helped pave the way for new, more detailed graphics and lighting.
Rain man, Globox, and the Teensies are off wandering through an enchanted forest when they discover a mysterious tent filled with a series of captivating paintings. As they look more closely, they notice each painting seems to tell the story of a mythical world. While focusing on a painting that shows a medieval land, they are suddenly sucked into the painting, entering the world, and the adventure begins. The gang must run, jump and fight their way through each world to save the day and discover the secrets of every legendary painting.
The only game for true Drum Kings.
Get ready to rock out on Wii U. Ever wanted to be the drummer in the world’s biggest rock band? Well now you can with Drum King: Def Leppard. It’s simple! just swing the Wii Remote as if you were Rick Allen drumming to smash the snare, tap the tom or beat the bass. Then, hit the road to play in some amazing venues across the globe.
- Wide range of drumming styles.
- Ready to rock straight from the box – no need for costly peripherals just use one Wiimote.
- Create your own drumming legend.
- Single and multiplayer modes.
- Over 30 top quality tracks.
- Difficulty scaled so beginners have fun but experts face a real rock challenge.
- DEF LEPPARD – Behind-The Drum Kit At Viva! Hysteria & More; Video (bravewords.com)
- Def Leppard ‘High N Dry’ (Vertigo/1981) (andrewhoxter.wordpress.com)
- Def Leppard – Bringin’ On the Heartbreak (jasons-jukebox.com)
- Def Leppard’s Phil Collen Meets Nine-Year-Old Guitar Phenom (VIDEO) (noisecreep.com)
- High ‘n’ Dry (metalkween.wordpress.com)
Pikmin 3 is a fully reimagined, mass-action strategy title from the critically acclaimed Pikmin series. Players will discover a beautiful world filled with strange creatures and take command of a swarm of ant-like Pikmin trying to survive. The world is densely packed with treasures and enemies, which makes the game much more action focused and fills it with layers of potential strategies and paths, adding greater replayability to challenge modes.
Players can play using Wii Remote Plus and Nunchuk-based controls or the Wii U GamePad controller. With new intuitive controls that make it possible to aim at objects directly, players can command their tiny, yet powerful, squads in different ways. The GamePad acts as an overhead map and radar to track Pikmin movements in real time. In addition to the five original types of Pikmin encountered in previous games, the new Rock Pikmin bring powerful new abilities and are able to crack hard outer shells of enemies and break through solid barriers. Keep checking back for updates on the games progress.
- Pikmin 3 Drops to Wii U on August 4th, Winged Pikmin revealed (thegeektrench.com)
- Pikmin 3 coming to Wii U on Aug. 4 (polygon.com)
- Winged Pikmin To Feature In Pikmin 3 (mynintendonews.com)
- Nintendo Press Conference Wrap-Up | E3 2012 Coverage (epicagames.com)